Thursday, February 21, 2008

scrunchable scarf

scrunchable scarf


After buying a couple of skeins of Patons Classic Merino in color Natural Marl on a whim, I had no idea what to do with it. Scrunchable Scarf came up in a Ravelry search and it looked good in marled colorways, so problem solved!

Knit Notes
*Started Sunday, February 10, 2008. Finished Wednesday, February 13, 2008.

*Cast on 26 sts on US sz 10.5s to make the scarf 4-inches wide. Knitting until it was 65-inches long used up about 1.25 skeins of the Patons. The large needles give a nice drape but still makes for a warm and cozy scarf.

*The Patons yarn smelled really bad! Bad enough to give me a headache on the first day and make me somewhat queasy on the other days. The smell was chemical, like a solvent. I've never had that problem with Patons yarn before. Hopefully I'll be able to get the smell out so I can actually wear the scarf.

*The scarf looks a lot like the Enjoyable Rib Stitch Scarf, except without the yarnover openness. Pattern is suitable for men and women.

scrunchable scarf


More pictures at Flickr

No comments: