Wednesday, March 26, 2008

from "z"ombie to ber"et"

voodoo heart


Recognize what I'm trying to recreate in this picture? The voodoo heart is an illustration by Tim Burton for his poem Voodoo Girl from the book The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy & Other Stories.

I haven't been knitting the past week (except for the olives). Partially because I wanted to give my fingertips a rest. I was getting calloused, peeling skin on my fingers from needle and yarn rub. Eeeeew! But the rest period did the trick and my fingers look better this week.

The other reason is that I finally caved in and registered a domain. My ISP made it kind of irresistible by offering free registration for the first year and free lifetime hosting (well, as long as you stay with them). I've been spending some time trying to figure out WordPress and personalizing the blog theme at least a little bit. It still needs work but I'm tired of looking at it for now. You can take a peek by visiting http://ilikelemons.net. It is too soon to say that the domain will be a permanent home, so no need to update bookmarks. I will still be posting to my Blogger and LJ accounts, no plans to abandon either of them.

This past weekend I did take some time to do another test run on a honey yogurt bread recipe I've been working on. I think I have things just about right. I'll share that recipe in a couple of weeks.

I intend to get my write-up on the finished Gathered Scarf posted this weekend.

My knit patterns are now available for download as printable pdfs over on Ravelry. You can also download the pdfs from the online pattern pages.

Another hat is the next thing on my knit list. The Trinity Stitch Beret looks to be cute and challenging. I've never done trinity/blackberry/popcorn stitch before.